Thursday, April 8, 2010

Passed 70-431, now MCITP DB 2005

I assumed by reading the title of 70-447, that all I needed to upgrade MCDBA to MCITP was to take this test. Wrong!!!

You need to pass 70-431 and become a MCT first, then take 70-447. Well, I did it in reverse and now can say I am a MCITP. Next, 2008 certification.

The test was 35 multiple choice questions, which did not seemed to hard. What I did not realize, was an interactive 12 questions was coming down the pipe.

You actually would be given a scenario, then have to use a stripped down verison of SSMS (Management Studio) to solve the problem. I have to say, I was not prepared for this, but still finished and Passed with 880. Not bad.

Certifications might not be what they were years ago, but the experience in my opinion is good. There is alot of studying required, plus it questioned some of the pratices we DBAs do at our site.

Some questions about CLRs, security, Serice Broker were areas we do not use and I had to learn from reading. Others like database mirror, replication, log shipping, network protocols were areas we use and were easy.

God Bless,
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment