Thursday, July 12, 2012

I’m Speaking: PASS Summit 2012 and more…

Tuesday, July 10th started a string of speaking engagements I have been blessed (or cursed) with in the months of July and August 2012. My local brother from a different mother, Patrick LeBlanc, hosted a SQLLunch for me as I demonstrated the new CDC controls in SSIS 2012. Patrick’s slogan “No Fluff Just Stuff”, reflects the theme for SQLLunch.com as demo rich webcasts of SQL Server features. The recorded session is now available here.

PASS_2012_SpeakingButton_250x250_blue

 

The announcement a couple of weeks ago of the SQL PASS general session included me. A new talk I first did at SQLSaturday #132 in Pensacola about SSIS 2012 new features – concentrating on CDC controls, Data Quality feature and SSIS Catalogs. Part of the demonstration includes new display options and Undo/Redo plus some auto-correction when columns change in the data flows.

 

Next Tuesday, July 17th I will be presenting Dimensional Modeling 101 with the PASS BI/DW Virtual Chapter. I got great reviews from this presentation while at the SQL Saturday #104 in Colorado Springs, CO. This was a fun trip with my fiancé skiing on the Friday before the event at Monarch. Many great speaker were at this event, and you can read my review here.

SQLSaturday #150 and Tech Day in Baton Rouge in August 4th, and I will be presenting a preview to my PASS Summit session. You can read more about Baton Rouge’s largest tech event here and here and here.

Photo

The next session will be on the PASS BI/DW VC August 7th, but has not been posted on the site, yet.

God Bless,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment