Thursday, November 5, 2015

Idera Ace

I started using a product called SQL Diagnostic Manager from Idera about 10 years ago at a Home Health company. It was very useful with monitoring a SQL Server instance and helped us estimate the future size of databases based on historical data. The numbers were very accurate for a 6 month and one year forecast.

I also discovered other tools for indexes and current state from the same company: Idera. Now, I have been selected as an Idera ACE for the Idera Community program to help speakers in the SQL Server Community.

idera_ace

They have given us the use of their peer network in order to blog about SQL Server and other Data topics. The best part is representing SQL Server and Idera at community events like SQLSaturday and PASS Summit. We will even be able to talk on webcasts with their support people.

Please visit their site and find out all about the wonderful tools for monitoring your systems. I got a great demo of BI Manager with capabilities to look at SSIS, SSAS and SSRS. The director of BI Manager development was a BI developer and he knows what needs to be captured through PerfMon(s) and DMV(s).

I am really looking forward to testing this monitoring tool during my upcoming sessions. Wish I had it before the Summit during my three hour tabular presentation.

The next 3 events I have scheduled are Live!360 (Orlando), SQLSaturday Austin and SQLSaturday Pensacola.

For Live! 360, here is a discount promo: Register for #Live360 Orlando with code LSPK49 and save $600! bit.ly/LSPK49_Reg

No comments:

Post a Comment